- The new MAXXIS Shorty Gen 2 first ride reviewby Peter Walker on 2021-02-23
After many years on the market, the Shorty has received an update. The new, second-generation MAXXIS Shorty has been developed together with successful MTB riders and has received several interesting innovations. We show you all the information about the available sizes, rubber compounds and our first ride impressions.
- Bikes Of The Day: Aventon Level & Trek Allant + 9.9Sby McCoy on 2021-02-23
Today's Ultimate Commuters The post Bikes Of The Day: Aventon Level & Trek Allant + 9.9S appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Nireeka Homie Reviewby Tyson Roehrkasse on 2021-02-22
This in-depth review was sponsored by Nireeka, they provided me with this bike to keep in exchange for producing this in-depth review. My goal is to be transparent and unbiased with you, this video and writeup are not meant to be an endorsement of Nireeka products. I welcome your corrections, additions, and feedback in the...
- Electric Bike Action Bike Test: Yuba Spicy Curry All-Terrain Cargo Bikeby McCoy on 2021-02-22
The Yuba Spicy proved so popular that the bike sold out their first batch immediately The post Electric Bike Action Bike Test: Yuba Spicy Curry All-Terrain Cargo Bike appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- eBikeNews: Pivot’s New Carbon, Revel NY eBike Subscription, Futuristic eScooters and Much More! [VIDEOS]by Richard Peace on 2021-02-19
In this week’s news: Pivot’s First Drop Bar, Carbon eBike Crow Crowdfunds eGravel Bike Revel’s New Subscription Only eBike Dragon Hyperscooter a Step Closer? More eMobility for Scotland Will Michelin Minimise their Carbon Footprint with Windpower? LEVA-EU’s Radical Zero Emission Vehicle Proposals New eBikes & eBike Systems New Carbon-framed eGravel Bikes from Pivot and Crow
- Evelo Delta X Review – 2021by Pierce Kettering on 2021-02-19
Other ebikes we’ve tested from Evelo have all been high-quality and provided us with a great ride. The team here at Electric Bike Report has waited with much anticipation to ride the Delta X after hearing Evelo describe this bike as “the perfect blend of power, comfort, and performance – the Delta X is our
- First Look: Tern’s GSD Cargo Bikeby McCoy on 2021-02-19
Tern Bicycles just announced three new versions of their GSD compact cargo bike. The post First Look: Tern’s GSD Cargo Bike appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- 27.5” vs 29” – Which wheel size is best for your E-Mountainbike?by Trev Worsey on 2021-02-19
27.5”, 29”, or MX: which is best? The discussion rages on in forums, post-ride bar stops, and late-night discussions between friends. We open up Pandora’s box of wheel sizes and call on hard science to help you find the best size for your eMTB.
- Evelo Compass Electric Tricycle Review – 2021by Michael Clark on 2021-02-18
The Evelo Compass is a 24” e-trike that combines a smooth ride with extra cargo capacity. Evelo’s expertise in electric bikes shows through on the Compass. If you are a rider who wants something zippy, fun, and stable, the Compass is a great option to consider. Last updated : February 18th, 2021 Review by: Kristen
- Craftsmanship Countsby McCoy on 2021-02-18
Brent Foes rolls out his latest E-Ticket The post Craftsmanship Counts appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Interview With Robert Leftwich On Creating Community On Social Mediaby Tony on 2021-02-17
My guest in this episode of the Electric Bike Action Podcast is Robert Leftwich. He’s a great rider that I’ve worked with over the years, he’s an incredible BMX freestyle rider, and was a test rider for me for BMX Plus! Magazine. He’s also been an avid mountain bike rider for a long time. He The post Interview With Robert Leftwich On Creating Community On Social Media appeared first on […]
- Electric Bike Action’s Bike Of The Day: Bulls Adventure Evo AMby McCoy on 2021-02-17
This is a great bike that can go a long way, and even... The post Electric Bike Action’s Bike Of The Day: Bulls Adventure Evo AM appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Pivot Launches A New E-Bikeby Tony on 2021-02-16
Pivot just announced their newest e-bike, this time it’s a road bike based on their Vault. The new e-bike is called the E-Vault and is powered by a Fazua Evation 2.0 motor system with an integrated 252Wh battery, keeping the system and the bike lightweight. The frame is carbon fiber and has hidden fender mounts The post Pivot Launches A New E-Bike appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Electric Bike Action Product Test: Sidi Dominator 10 Trail Shoeby McCoy on 2021-02-16
There is not much that can beat the feeling of sliding into a well-crafted pair of Italian shoes The post Electric Bike Action Product Test: Sidi Dominator 10 Trail Shoe appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Yamaha’s Three New E-Bikesby McCoy on 2021-02-15
A Class 3 road bike and two radically designed e-MTBs The post Yamaha’s Three New E-Bikes appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Electric Bike Company Model M Reviewby Court on 2021-02-14
This review was provided for free, but the Electric Bike Company did organize delivery of a temporary demo bike and accessories to test. My goal is to be transparent and unbiased with you, this video and writeup are not meant to be an endorsement of EBC products. I welcome your corrections, additions, and feedback in...
- Surface604 Shred Review – 2021by Pierce Kettering on 2021-02-13
The team at Electric Bike Report includes many avid mountain bikers who were looking forward to trying out Surface604’s Shred. Knowing the pride Surface604 has in its finely-tuned motor, we were very excited to see what the Shred could do on our local trails. Last Updated: Feb 12, 2021 Review and photos: Pierce Kettering Tested
- Tax Credits for Ebikes!?by spinningmagnets on 2021-02-13
This isn’t a fancy well-thought out article with clever word-play and the perfect pictures to get the major points across. I just heard about this and I’m getting this out as fast as possible. __________________________________________________ A tax credit is better than a tax deduction. A deduction means that lets say you make $40,000 a year, and after all your income is added up, you get to […]
- eBike News: Federal Tax Credits, Bergamont eFolder, Gocycle Teaser and Much More! [VIDEOS]by Richard Peace on 2021-02-12
In this week’s news: US Bill Giving Tax Credits for eBike Purchase Starts it Way through Congress Frikar – the Latest eBike Car Announces Prices Bergamont’s Funky Looking New eFolder Gocycle Teaser Info on Brand New Model Magic Tour Mode for Bosch Mid-drives Announced by Moustache eBike Workstand eBike Inspiration from How to Buy and
- Bike Of The Day: Kona Remote 160 Trail Bikeby McCoy on 2021-02-12
It emboldened us to attack terrain we normally would have avoided. The post Bike Of The Day: Kona Remote 160 Trail Bike appeared first on Electric Bike Action.
- Is it legal to build your own eMTB? All the most important information and legislation regarding DIY ebikesby Manne Schmitt, Susanne Feddersen on 2021-02-12
Ebikes aren’t just difficult to get hold of at the moment but are also getting more expensive. As such, it’s not surprising that increasing numbers of people are considering the apparently genius idea of building their own ebike. But is it legal to build your own eMTB? What are the legal requirements and potential pitfalls? We clarify things here.
- Proposed E-BIKE Act Would Save Consumers 30% On eBike Purchases Via Federal Tax Creditby Griffin_Hales on 2021-02-10
Last Updated: Feb 12, 2021 On February 9th, 2021, Congressman Jimmy Panetta and Congressional Bike Caucus Chairman Earl Blumenaur introduced the Electric Bicycle Incentive Kickstarter for the Environment Act to the United States House of Representatives. The proposed E-BIKE act has been submitted in order to kickstart and encourage increased demand for electric bikes by
- New Bosch MAGIC TOUR mode – a progressive mode with increased range and improved responsiveness, for Moustache only?by Rudolf Fischer on 2021-02-10
Together with Moustache, Bosch have developed a new support mode for their Bosch Performance Line CX motor, which they’ve dubbed MAGIC TOUR. Similar to the proven eMTB mode, it is progressive, regulating the motor’s output depending on the rider’s input. It promises to be more efficient and responsive while also increasing your range significantly on long rides. We’ve got all the details.
- The perfect suspension setup for everyone? – Mondraker introduce the new MIND telemetry systemby Rudolf Fischer on 2021-02-09
Are you not using all of your travel through rough sections, or does your suspension bottom out on small drops? Mondraker claim to have found a solution for all your suspension woes with the MIND telemetry system, taking the guesswork out of dialling in your suspension.
- Sondors Fat-Tire Mid Drivesby spinningmagnets on 2021-02-07
Sondors started out with a couple of stumbles a few years ago. Their first product was a simple rear hub fatbike, and once they got on their feet, everyone who ordered one got their product. Sondors was an early adopter of shipping ebikes directly to the customers house, to avoid the cost of a brick-and-mortar store, and they were aggressive at passing the savings on to the customers. Their first […]
- Design & Innovation Award 2021 – the most promising E-MTB trendsby Valentin Rühl on 2021-02-07
New eMTB concepts and a more differentiated approach in battery and motor concepts don’t just determine the fundamental character of current bikes but also numerous trends for 2021. We’ve summarised the most exciting developments for you and tell you why E-trekking bikes might soon become extinct. This is eMTBing in 2021!
- CUBE Reaction Hybrid Performance 400 Allroad Reviewby Court on 2021-02-06
This review was provided for free, but Cit-E-Cycles supplied a temporary demo bike for me to test. My goal is to be transparent and unbiased with you, this video and writeup are not meant to be an endorsement of CUBE products. I welcome your corrections, additions, and feedback in the comments below, and the CUBE...
- eBike News: NYC Bridge Cycle Lanes, Cannondale, MAXX, Esel, OYO eBikes & Lots More! [VIDEOS]by Richard Peace on 2021-02-05
In this week’s news: Bike Lanes for NYC Bridges Cannondale’s New Comfort-Oriented Adventure Neo Range MAXX Introduces Range Powered by Shimano’s EP8 Esel’s Wooden eBikes Oyo’s Hydraulic Drivetrain Pollution Sensing, Indicating and Self-driving eScooters! Meet the Lilium eJet eCargo Updates from Bristol, UK and the Netherlands Utah Gears Up for the Big Gear Show Headline
- eScooter Laws and Regulations In The USAby Richard Peace on 2021-02-05
Don’t worry if you are confused about the laws surrounded electric scooters – it seems much of North America is too, including lawmakers themselves. Even the naming is confusing – just to be clear when this article refers to electric scooters we mean what are also known as kickscooters and not the small step-thru motorbike
- Rad Power Bikes Announces $150 Million Dollar Investment, Major Expansion Plansby Griffin_Hales on 2021-02-04
On February 4th, 2021, Rad Power Bikes (one of the largest eBike brands in the world) announced a minority investment totaling $150 million dollars. The new round of investment was led by Counterpoint Global (Morgan Stanley), Fidelity Management & Research Company, The Rise Fund, and other accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates. Durable Capital